What are 4 types of heart diseases?
Types of heart disease include:
- Arrhythmia. An arrhythmia is a heart rhythm abnormality.
- Atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis is a hardening of the arteries.
- Cardiomyopathy. This condition causes the heart’s muscles to harden or grow weak.
- Congenital heart defects. …
- Coronary artery disease (CAD). …
- Heart infections.
What are the most common heart diseases?
Common heart conditions
- Coronary artery disease. Coronary artery disease (CAD), the most common heart disease, occurs when LDL, or “bad” cholesterol, builds up plaque in your heart’s arteries. …
- Heart failure. …
- Arrhythmia. …
- Valvular heart disease. …
- Aortic aneurysms. …
- Heart infections. …
- Heart problems at birth. …
- Related conditions.
What is considered heart disease?
Heart diseases include: Blood vessel disease, such as coronary artery disease. Heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias) Heart defects you’re born with (congenital heart defects)
What are the names of heart diseases?
In this Article
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Arrhythmias.
- Heart Failure.
- Heart Valve Disease.
- Pericardial Disease.
- Cardiomyopathy (Heart Muscle Disease)
- Congenital Heart Disease.
What are the 4 signs your heart is quietly failing?
Heart failure signs and symptoms may include:
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea) when you exert yourself or when you lie down.
- Fatigue and weakness.
- Swelling (edema) in your legs, ankles and feet.
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat.
- Reduced ability to exercise.
- Persistent cough or wheezing with white or pink blood-tinged phlegm.
What are the signs of an unhealthy heart?
Especially watch out for these problems:
- Chest Discomfort. It’s the most common sign of heart danger. …
- Nausea, Indigestion, Heartburn, or Stomach Pain. …
- Pain that Spreads to the Arm. …
- You Feel Dizzy or Lightheaded. …
- Throat or Jaw Pain. …
- You Get Exhausted Easily. …
- Snoring. …
Is sleeping a lot a sign of heart problems?
Fatigue, Lethargy, or Daytime Sleepiness
While fatigue and lethargy can be symptoms of heart disease (particularly heart failure), these common and non-specific symptoms can also be due to disorders of virtually any other organ system in the body.
What are the symptoms of heart disease in a woman?
Women are more likely than men to have heart attack symptoms unrelated to chest pain, such as:
- Neck, jaw, shoulder, upper back or abdominal discomfort.
- Shortness of breath.
- Pain in one or both arms.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Lightheadedness or dizziness.
- Unusual fatigue.
Is a dry cough a sign of heart problems?
It’s more common in people with conditions like coronary artery disease and high blood pressure, which can decrease your heart’s ability to pump blood effectively. A persistent, dry cough is one symptom of heart failure.
How long can you live with heart disease?
Although there have been recent improvements in congestive heart failure treatment, researchers say the prognosis for people with the disease is still bleak, with about 50% having an average life expectancy of less than five years. For those with advanced forms of heart failure, nearly 90% die within one year.
What is the main cause of heart disease?
High blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, and smoking are key risk factors for heart disease. Several other medical conditions and lifestyle choices can also put people at a higher risk for heart disease, including: Diabetes. Overweight and obesity.
What is the best treatment for heart disease?
Various drugs can be used to treat coronary artery disease, including:
- Cholesterol-modifying medications. …
- Aspirin. …
- Beta blockers. …
- Calcium channel blockers. …
- Ranolazine. …
- Nitroglycerin. …
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs).